Well third time’s the charm? We are currently on our third itinerary to Bangkok and trusting that this time we will actually be getting on a plane on the intended date!
The New Launch Plan
Our airline contacted us a couple weeks ago letting us know that there was a change to our original itinerary that would have only given us 30 minutes to get off the plane in Taipei onto our next flight to Bangkok. Since that won’t work, our best option was to push our departure back to April 7th.
We will be arriving in Bangkok early in the morning on Palm Sunday and later that week we will join in the Thai Songkran festivities as the whole country will be shutting down for a three day water fight.
Here’s what we are hoping for during our first couple of weeks in Thailand:
- Get settled in to our apartment, explore our neighborhood!
- Get our phones, internet, etc. set up.
- Visit language schools to determine which one we will be attending and get enrolled.
- Do some orientation at the Dton Naam building.
- Begin getting to know our team.
What is Songkran?
Songkran is the celebration of the Thai New Year. The festival is a joyous time for the Thai people, but also a highly spiritual time where the Thai seek blessings for the New Year. Please join us in praying for the Lord to reveal Himself as the one who washes clean from sin those who trust in Him. See More…
- Please join us in praying for grace in this time of transition in our family.
- Pray for complete health as we go. Jedidiah is currently being treated for his first ear infection. Please pray for this to clear up before our departure.
- Pray for ease as we transition into our new home in Thailand and wisdom as we make decisions concerning language school.
- Please pray for us as we continue in all the logistics of packing, preparing, and saying our “see ya laters” to family and friends.
- Pray that the Lord will continue to sustain and expand our partnership team.
- Praise God that we were able to secure a new itinerary that will allow us the time we need to make our connecting flight!
- The doors have opened for us to share with one more church before our departure: The Filling Station in Wellington, CO on Saturday, April 1.
- We will also have a final sending from Fusion Ministries in Greeley on Sunday, April 2.
We’re truly blessed and honored to have so many folks behind us who believe in us and what God is doing. To each of you who stand behind us: Thank You!
To God Be the Glory!
Matt, Amy and Jedidiah