“Praise the Lord! Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever.” Psalm 106:1
Thanksgiving is upon us! How’d that happen? Did it sneak up on you this year? This Thanksgiving season as you count your blessings, we want to chime in, too! Just for fun, here are 10 reasons we’re thankful this year.
1) Family and Friends Family and friends, both old and new, fill our lives with such joy. We’re grateful for FaceTime too, helping us stay connected to those in the States!
2) Baby Acrobatics There’s nothing quite like watching your unborn child make ripples and waves across a protruding pregnant belly.
3) Toddler Antics, Conversations, Hugs and Kisses Jedidiah is always on the go, loves playing ball or drumming with his “phuan” (Thai for friends), makes friends everywhere we go and blows them kisses bye-bye, says more words than we can count in Thai and English, and loves giving hugs and kisses after we pray together as a family before bed. We are so blessed to have this rambunctious, intelligent and caring little boy as our son.
4) Complete Conversations in Thai We are grateful our language skills are continuing to grow and that we are making strides towards being able to read in Thai.
5) Health We are thankful to the Lord for keeping us healthy as a family.
6) New Students Since arriving in Thailand we’ve seen two new students enter the Dton Naam Program. We also have another individual who seems interested in becoming a part of the program.
7) Our Partnership Team We literally couldn’t be here without those who stand with us in prayer, wisdom, and finances. We think of this verse when we think of you:“You will be enriched in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God.” – 2 Corinthians 9:11
8) A Place to Call Home We are so blessed to have found a homey townhouse where we are able to feel truly at rest and welcome friends to come fellowship or stay a while with us.
9) The Holy Spirit and the Word of God We need the voice of truth, grace, conviction, and clarity in this messy mayhem.
10) Our Front-Row Seat God is moving in the world and in the church both here and in the US. We are grateful that He entrusts us with partnering with Him to accomplish His Kingdom’s work.
What are you thankful for this year? We’d love to know! Feel free to drop us a line. We love hearing from you!
May God richly bless you and yours this Thanksgiving!
Matt, Amy, Jedidiah and Baby B